Tuesday 18 June 2013

Origins Skin Samples



Origins is one of my favourite skin care brands. I was first introduced to their products by my mum as she's a   big fan of their moisturisers.

The brand say that their mission is to 'create high-performance natural skincare that is powered by nature and proven by science'. All of their products contain organic ingredients and they are all animal friendly, so they already win my vote.

To be honest Origins products are fairly pricey... And if you are a student like myself you might not be able to afford to buy them regularly.

However, a few weeks ago after wandering around Boots in Meadowhall for a cheap lip pencil I decided to have a nosey at the Origins stand when I was approached by the consultant.. She began telling me about the products in general and asked me my skin type; then offered to give me 3 free samples of any product I wanted to try.

I decided to test out 2 products I had tried before and one new one for dry/combination skin.



First I chose an old favourite called Drink Up. Drink Up is an intensive 10 minute mask which is said to 'quench skin's thirst'. This mask is perfect for anyone suffering with dry skin; especially on the cheeks. It makes your skin lovely and soft as soon as you apply it. The smell of the mask is my favourite thing about it as its a gorgeous apricot scent.




The second product I decided to test again was the GinZing eye cream. I'd used this once or twice before but not properly, so it was nice to have a little pot to try. The GinZing eye cream is designed to brighten the eye area and get rid of bags. This eye cream is perfect for me as I always get dark circles under my eyes. After massaging it gently under the eyes, you can instantly see the difference. I'd definitely recommend this to those looking to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.


The last product I decided to test was the Make a Difference Plus+ rejuvenating moisturiser in dry/combination skin. I sometimes suffer with quite dry skin on my cheeks and forehead so this was perfect to try. The moisturiser soaked in to my skin like a dream and kept it lovely and soft. Also, if you have extremely dry skin or oily/combination skin there are also two other versions of Make a Difference Plus+. 



If you want to test some samples from Origins, get down to your nearest counter and ask. It really is that simple. I found the staff there welcoming and wanting the best for my skin. The consultant will give you a sort of brochure about the various sample products you can try. You can take the brochure in repeatedly and get 3 samples each time. 

I'd definitely recommend everyone to give Origins a try. Yes, some of the products are fairly expensive, but they are great value. 

Have you tried Origins before? If so what is your favourite product?

Alice
  x





No comments:

Post a Comment