Monday 24 June 2013

The Past Few Weeks in Instagram Form (1)

I promised I'd keep up with blogging and so far I have a fair bit to write about. As I type this, I have a couple of ideas lined up and will be writing these up in a post soon.

Anyway, the past few weeks have included being bored to a crisp, to working at a festival... Here it is explained with a few Instagram pictures (as everyone knows too much text gets a little dull).

After finishing university things felt a little slow. I had applied for several work placements over summer but had found out all of them were already full. A little disappointed and annoyed, I began to search around for other opportunities to  take up some of my spare time. A couple of people from my university (one of them being my housemate) had applied to volunteer at Sheffield's annual documentary festival. I love anything media related and after looking at positions on the website decided to apply for a cinema steward. Being a cinema steward meant as well as working you could watch the screenings too (what could be better?!)

I can't even begin to say how much I enjoyed working at the doc fest. The people I worked with were lovely and the screenings were excellent! Two of my favourite documentaries shown were The Man Whose Mind Exploded (amazingly hilarious) and Project Wild Thing. Sadly I missed most of Project Wild Thing as I had popped out to get food but watched it online later on. The director was adorable, it was his premiere of the documentary so he was extremely nervous and kept pacing around. However, the audience loved his work and the amount of cheers and applause brought him to tears. It was amazing to see how overwhelmed he was by the reactions and to be a part of that was probably my favourite part of the week. 

I could go on about the doc fest for this entire post but I'll stop myself. Overall the fest was a wonderful way to get some work experience and enjoy yourself at the same time. I'm definitely going back next year!

Now onto the photos...

             My uniform and free badges        Waiting in The Forum to get pierced              Pretty bellini


         Ugly shoe purchases are the best      Home made vegan cheesecake     Seeing what my hair looks like up





After the doc fest finished, I spent the past week organising my dissertation work (eek), buying ugly pretty creepers and baking vegan cheesecake. Now I am currently in Lincoln getting ready to move out of my second year house. Although I will miss my small but sweet second year house I'm looking forward to moving into the third year one as it's three floors with 3 bathrooms and huuuuuuuuuuuge! I'll be doing a post soon about my second year bedroom (as I'm really going to miss it) so keep watch.

How have your holidays been (if you're a university student that is)?


Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment