Saturday 26 October 2013

MAC Eyeshadow: Cranberry Frost

First and foremost, sorry once again for lacking on the posting! As I've said in previous posts, university work eats up a lot of my time. For the past few weeks I've spent 95% of the time in the newsroom, with the other 5% being a mix of eating, sleeping and visiting my friend's flat.

Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten about Alice and the Rose! My future posts may be a bit sporadic but I'll still be here. It just seems that my spare time has either been spent having meetings for group work or sleeping... Although last Friday a few of us decided we'd have a day off and go to Nottingham for the day.

I've been to Nottingham a couple of times and for shopping it's amazing. Nottingham is humongous compared to Lincoln and it has 5 x the amount of high street shops that we have. Amongst the big high street brands are cute little boutiques and cafes so you also get the best of both worlds.

After having a good wander round and falling into several shops, I spotted the MAC sign round the corner. I've only ever used MAC lipsticks and nothing else. For a while now I've been curious about trying their eye shadows, and after having a look round, Cranberry Frost caught my eye.



A rich, shimmery pinky-purple shade, Cranberry Frost reminded me of Queen, a similar coloured shadow from my Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay kit. I used to use Queen all the time when going on nights out in Sheffield and it was a gorgeous shade. Surprisingly Cranberry Frost turned out to be just as good.



Cranberry Frost is easy to apply and is fairly subtle at first until you build it up. I blended it with a shimmery gold shadow & they complemented each other wonderfully. I think Cranberry Frost would also work well if you wanted to do a different take on the classic smokey eye. For my first MAC eye shadow, it's a pretty good one. I might have to branch out and try some others... 

Have you tried MAC's Cranberry Frost before? If not, do you have a favourite MAC eye shadow?


Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment