Thursday 10 October 2013

Weekly Wantings: Pink Coats

Pink Coats

Pink Coats by alicelucyrose-1

I know I know. I'm behind on the whole pink coat trend. To be honest when I first saw people on Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin etc discussing pink coats, I thought they were awful. Fast forward a few months or so, and now I desperately want one. 

At first when I heard about pink coats, an automatic disgusted expression appeared on my face. All I could envisage were hideous hot-pink or Barbie-pink coloured coats. Now I know I'm a girl but I've never been a big fan of pink clothes. Pink lipsticks and blushers are fine, but a hot-pink dress? Not a fan. 

However when I spotted pastel pink coat photos floating around the web I changed my mind. Gone were the ideas of walking Barbies and in replacement was the image of an elegant Audrey Hepburn lookalike. 

The pastel pink coat is elegant looking and wonderful for Winter. I love the different shapes and styles of the coats too. Some, such as the ASOS coat in the top right of my Polyvore collage, is a vintage-style cocoon coat. It's beautiful and long-line and would have been perfect for Holly to wear in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Sadly long-line coats never look right on me as I'm 5 ft 3 with tiny legs so they swamp me. But if you are tall and looking for a beautiful pink coat, this is the one for you.

I also love the two coats on the bottom even though they're mohair which I've never been too keen on. The Topshop one is more of a light pink than pastel but I love the shape of it (sadly it isn't on their website anymore). The boyfriend one from New Look is one of my favourites due to the shape of the collar and style of the sleeves. Boyfriend coats are also incredibly comfy and are easy to layer up. 

My favourite of all the pink coats is the Zara woolen overcoat on the top left. I'm desperate to find this coat as all sizes are sold out online. Anyway, I prefer woolen coats to mohair and this one is a shorter style so it won't make me look smaller than I already am. The buttons and style of this coat make it classy but beautiful. It's only £79.99 as well which I'd say is good for a coat. I definitely need a pink coat this year so let the hunt for the perfect one begin!

Do you like pastel pink coats?

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment