Sunday 6 January 2013

A Tale of Two Cities



Tomorrow morning I'll be on my way back to Lincoln for the second semester of second year. I honestly can't believe that I'm now over halfway through my degree. The thought that I need to decide in less than a year what will happen after I graduate is pretty scary to say the least!

I'm writing this blog post to say how great it is to live in two cities. I mean I do love Sheffield but I'm so so glad I decided to move away for university. The independence that comes with living away from home is fantastic. It definitely makes me appreciate how wonderful my family are when I do come back or they visit me in Lincoln. 

By going to university and moving away I've also met some lovely people and built friendships for life. I just can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't get into the University of Lincoln. My journalism course is amazing & the staff and other students I work with are so friendly. Lincoln itself is a beautiful city with everything in walking distance (no expensive bus journeys), so it makes popping into town a quick and easy 5 minute wander. 

Moving on from gushing about Lincoln... The only thing I dislike about living in Sheffield and Lincoln is the change over from one to another. Going home for the weekend is a nice break sometimes, but when Sunday evening comes around and I'm about to leave for my train back to uni; it feels like I've barely been home at all! 

With it being Christmas, I came home about a month ago and I've really settled into being in Sheffield. Celebrating the holidays with my family and friends here has been great, and now I don't want to leave, even though I know I need to. 

I should actually finish this post soon. It's just babbley paragraph after babbley paragraph! And right now I should be trying to ram more clothes into my already heaving suitcase but instead decided to write this. I swear I've re-kindled so much love for some of my old clothes that I don't really need (oops)! 

Anyway if I manage to get my suitcase back to my uni house in one piece I'll be happy! See you on the other side Lincoln! 

Are any of you guys university students going back for the second term? If you are do you feel the same way that I do or are you always really excited to go back to uni after Christmas? 


Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment