Saturday 5 January 2013

Christmas, New Year and a birthday!

Okay here I am saying I'll update this blog more and so far I've been pretty rubbish at it! Sorry everyone!

Christmas and New Year haven't been massively busy for me but it's been great spending time with my friends back here in Sheffield. A few of them go to university here and have flats in the city centre so we've been hanging out there a fair bit. I can't get over how amazing Sheffield student accommodation is! One of my friends even has a doorbell for his flat (is it sad that I'm very impressed by this?).

Moving on from the delights of doorbells... How was everyone's Christmas? Ours is usually a small family meal so this year it was just my parents, my nan, my uncle & myself. My mum was quite ill but insisted on cooking everything herself without any help bless her. Christmas dinner was delicious as usual. Everyone's plate was empty by the end! I got some beautiful gifts which I adore and am very grateful for.

For New Year's Eve, my friend Luke from Lincoln decided to come and celebrate so a group of us all went out. It turned out to be a lovely night and a great way to see 2012 come to a finish. New Year's day we went for a Wagamama's (HEAVEN) and wandered around Meadowhall. I felt so sorry when he had to travel the 2 hour journey home though!

Yesterday was my birthday and I turned the big two zero. 20! I can't believe it. I swear I'm still 18... I spent the day with my oldest friend just having a laugh, then went out later. The theme was supposed to be dressing as elderly ladies (as I'm usually compared to one due to my love of tea and cats) but only me and one friend had the guts. It was pretty funny having people ask us why we had rollers in, but after a while we decided to take them out (trying to dance with them in is not fun). It was a pretty decent birthday to be honest!

I hope you all had a fantastic New Year! Have you made any resolutions and broken them already? I usually make a few but decided not to as I know I'll break them all in 5 seconds... I wonder if anyone has actually managed to keep one for the entire year! If you know anyone who has let me know and I'll give them a medal haha!

Anyway I shall finish this post with some photos from the last few weeks.


Beautiful lights 

Found a spectacular jumper in Cow




New Year's Eve with James & Luke




Bungalows & Bears




The family (minus my dad as he took this)



Silly boys being silly

No comments:

Post a Comment