Wednesday 3 July 2013

Weekly Wantings

Blog wants

Blog wants by alicelucyrose-1
I've been wanting to create a collage of all my current things I want or are on my wish list for a while. There is one other wish list post on my blog but the collage was done on paint and is therefore hideous quality. After searching through the programmes on my laptop to create a decent collage & finding none of them could do so I gave up and decided to finally get Polyvore. The website overall is great and very easy to use for putting things like this together but they didn't have some of the more 'obscure' items I wanted to put on; an example of this being the graphic novel Black Hole.

Anyway, these are the items I am lusting after this week. First up is this gorgeous dress from Motel which is in the sale at the moment. I'm always iffy about Motel dresses now as it seems the sizes have changed a lot since I bought my first dress (all the way back in 2009/2010). Maybe it's the fact that I used to wear this style of dress in a million different prints and no dress has ever lived up to it... Or maybe it's also the fact that I spent a lot of money on this dress and when it arrived was too frightened to ever wear it as it fits like a glove (overly fitted things scare me and I fidget a lot). 

The thing I love about this Motel dress though is 1. it has sleeves, 2. it's a smock style, and 3. it's a lovely print; and for £18 what can go wrong? I may have to purchase it at some point...

The next thing on my list is the Illamasqua lipstick. It took me a while to find the colour I really really want, but I'm still not sure if it's the correct one... I don't own an Illamasqua lipstick yet, but have heard great things from friends, so Eurydice is the one I want to purchase. My (very small) collection of lipstick doesn't contain a fuchsia shade and Eurydice is a beautiful bright matte lipstick; which ticks all the right boxes for me. 

Another want on my collage are some loafers from Office. On my last post like this I did include some that were very similar, however, with having wide feet, they looked horrible on so I didn't want to waste £58... However the new loafers that are out fit my feet perfectly (I tried them on in the Office in Lincoln the other day and was amazed). I also love the colour. 

Last but not least on this collage/wish/want list is an item I will be getting soon and am most excited about. The Canon 600D (note: I know the photo says 1100D on it but I couldn't find a 600D picture)! I've been wanting my own SLR camera since Y9 in secondary school. 8 years of wanting one and never being able to afford one. I'm still so giddy about getting one as I only found out I could afford it a couple of weeks ago. It is still incredibly expensive for me, but it's something I will use and cherish; it will also benefit me in my work and will mean my blog photos will be 10 x better. 

So this was my wishlist for this week, and from now on I will be making a collage of items like this once every week as I am now Polyvore mad!

Do you have a weekly wishlist? What's on yours?

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment