Wednesday 28 August 2013

Smooze Fruit Ice



I've had the photos ready for this post for ages and completely forgot about them. I first saw the Smooze fruit ices advertised on the Facebook of my favourite shop in Lincoln, - Yellowbellys of Bailgate. Being a huge ice lolly/cream/fruit ice fan and a huge coconut fan these sounded amazing to me. A couple of weeks after spotting them on the Yellowbelly's Facebook page I spotted some for sale in Grain Wholefoods in Hull when I was visiting my friend Emily and decided to try the Simply Coconut flavour. My verdict? Delicious!

As soon as I returned to Lincoln I hiked (literally) up Steep Hill to Yellowbellys to grab a box. I can't even describe how much I love this shop. It stocks mainly vegetarian and vegan food and even though I'm neither of these everything is wonderful. The owner Linda is so kind and lovely, and after a 20 minute chat she gave me a free coconut and pineapple Smooze to eat on my way back home.

I walked away from Yellowbellys with a box of ten Simply Coconut flavoured Smooze. They aren't frozen when you purchase a box, so you can wander around without worrying your fruit ices are melting. When you get home you pop them into the freezer for 24 hours and they're ready to eat.



The best thing about Smooze fruit ices is that they're healthy, dairy free and gluten free. They're creamy, refreshing and satisfy your sweet tooth without being sickly. 


I feel like I may be betraying Ben & Jerry's ice cream here but I must admit, I do prefer Smooze. They're good if you're trying to be more healthy and they don't leave you with the guilty feeling of over-indulgence. I'm a mission now to try every flavour and I think the next will be the coconut and pink guava as it sounds so good. 

Have you ever tried Smooze or similar fruit ices before? What do you think of them?

Alice
  x


No comments:

Post a Comment