Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Past Few Weeks in Instagram Form (4)



                         New novel purchases                                                     Endcliffe Park

                         It was... um... weird                                              Finishing BB for the new episodes

                    Trying on clothes in Cow                                                         JAKE CAME HOME

                          Philip Larkin toad                                                    Toffee & honeycomb cheesecake


The past few weeks have been a mixture of dull and interesting to be honest. I'm kind of bored of being at home and tomorrow I'm properly moving into my Lincoln house for 3rd year so I'll be back to more of a student lifestyle. I actually can't wait to settle down & get ready for the hard work of my last year.

Anyway, lately I've been getting back into reading and after finding the website World Of Books I ordered 3 I'd wanted for a while. World Of Books sells second hand books for about 2-3 pounds each. Absolute bargain! All the books I purchased (the ones pictured above and Cloud Atlas) were £2.90 each and in very good condition. The books also came with a free sample of Teapigs popcorn tea. Very very impressed. 

Last Wednesday I was supposed to go to a free swimming session across town as I bumped into a friendly gym representative in town who offered me one. I was convinced I knew where this gym was. I was going to go for a lovely morning swim and come back feeling happy and refreshed. The real outcome? I got 2 wrong buses and ended up in Endcliffe park. Always check your buses people... I did end up having lunch with my friend in a lovely pub though so it all ended well anyway.

Me and my friend decided to go and see Only God Forgives as she is a massive Ryan Gosling fan. All I can say is that it is good, but very very odd. It's unexplainable to be honest, but I still suggest that you go and see it.

The new episodes of Breaking Bad came out yesterday so I've spent the last week hurrying my way through series 4 and 5. I'm addicted. It's so so good.

One of my best and closest friends Jake came back home for a visit. He rarely comes home but when he does it's always lovely. We wandered round Sheffield and he convinced me to buy a gorgeous jacket from Cow. I love Cow but when I go myself I always assume nothing will suit me. The cute artwork is from the changing rooms but it is a little unsettling when trying things on. We also went on a night out and had what I like to call 'an awkward family style photo' beforehand.

The day after going out with Jake, I went to Hull again for my friend Emily's birthday. 2 of us from uni visited her and went on a night out then spent time wandering around. We went on Princes Avenue and Newland Avenue which are both amazing. I chose Larkin's bar as our place to eat and the food was DELICIOUS. It was £11.50 for 2 courses and the portion sizes were huge. I had a mexican bean and sweet potato fritter burger, which came with halloumi and garlic butter in it as well, on the side were cajun seasoned fries and coleslaw. For dessert me and Emily both had the toffee and honeycomb cheesecake which was also so delicious. If you're ever in Hull, definitely go there for food! 

I also got quite giddy about Philip Larkin (the poet) as he worked and lived in Hull. So we went to see the flat he used to rent out that looked over Pearson Park and found one of his toads. I really do like Hull.

What have you been up to lately?

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment