Wednesday 4 September 2013

New Purchases

It's not often I post what I purchase, although to be honest, it's not often that I purchase anything exciting. Most of my money goes on outings with friends, food or visiting people. In the past couple of weeks though I've actually been buying interesting things for a change. Here's a haul post of a 3 of the things I've recently bought and am currently in love with.


Lincoln isn't exactly a city renown for it's charity shops. Many of the tourists & visitors usually veer towards the independent boutiques without realising what amazing things the charity shops hold. It isn't often I visit them when I'm at university as I usually forget about them or don't have the time. When my friend Luke came for the weekend though we were determined to go everywhere. After walking down Steep Hill, I spotted a beautiful window display in the St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice shop and had to go in.

The shop has various sections, but my favourite has to be 'The Attic' which the shop describes as a 'treasure trove of Vintage & Retro clothing, accessories and furniture'. Every item is set out beautifully and there are so many things which catch your eye. We spent at least 20 minutes wandering round admiring all the pretty home-wares. This patent handbag caught my eye and after a 5 minute debate of "do I really need this?" I ended up buying it. It's in a brilliant condition and can be either sat on your arm or hung over your shoulder. My favourite thing about it is that it can be a day or night bag. St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice and The Attic have their own blog as well, so take a look at the rest of their goodies.




This fox dress is my favourite purchase so far. You've most likely already seen me wearing this on my last Instagram post but I had to include it here as well. I found this dress in a shop called The Wardrobe when I was in Leicester. The Wardrobe is a vintage/boutique shop with some wonderfully unique clothes and jewellery. I spotted this dress and instantly had to try it on. There was only one left in my size but I decided to leave it for the day and go back for it if I really wanted to buy it. I checked online to see if the clothing brand (Run & Fly) had any more but there were no signs of the dress whatsoever online (cue panic). Long story short, a few days later I rushed back into the shop in hope it was still there (thankfully it was) and I bought it straight away. I love how unique the print is.


These earrings are another unique find which I adore. These are from a shop called Tessies in Hull. The boutique stocks gorgeous clothing and jewellery. I wanted to buy the entire shop but settled for these amazing light bulb earrings. I've worn these a few times and have had some lovely compliments about them. It's definitely worth checking out their website and ASOS Marketplace


A few months ago a free miniature version of They're Real was in Elle Magazine. It was a massive hit with many bloggers and after seeing so many recommendations I nabbed myself a copy. This mascara is brilliant, it lengthens your lashes without making them overly clumpy. When my mini version ran out I knew that I had to get it again. Benefit are currently pairing a free miniature mascara with the big version for the same price. The mini one is worth £9.50 and the big one is worth £19.50, so the two for £19.50 is a great deal. I definitely recommend to get them while the offer lasts if you're a fan of They're Real.


What have you been purchasing lately? 

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment