Sunday 1 September 2013

The Past Few Weeks in Instagram Form (5)

                          These are amazing                                                    Luke having a laughing fit


                          Oliver Woods apparently                                               Root beer float

                           The Parcel Yard                                                                Beautiful dress

                           Oregon Mist                                                                   Crepes

              Blue cheese, bacon & avocado burger                                 Best pyjama bottoms

                       The Corn Exchange                                                        Hey Giiiiiiiiiiirl

                   A BEAR BEAN BAG                                                  Time to buy ALL the tea


Far too many things seem to have happened since I last wrote an Instagram post. I moved into my new house in Lincoln and stayed for a few weeks. My friend Luke has been away all Summer for AmeriCamp and came back to see us for the weekend. He brought us delicious American sweets and me, him & my housemate went on a Lincoln bar/pub crawl for a catch up on the Friday night. 

The weekend after Luke came I went to Leicester to celebrate my friend Guppy's birthday. She had a weird knitted toy of Oliver Woods which I found hilarious and amazing at the same time. We went to Ed's Diner on the first day and the root beer float I had was so so good. The next day my housemate Laura travelled down from Leeds for a night out. We went to a place called The Crumblin' Cookie and had lunch whilst I had an Oregon Mist. An Oregon Mist was a green tea latte with amaretto syrup. Amazing. On the day we left we went to a Crepe cafe and had peanut butter, nutella and chocolate ice cream crepes. We also went to some lovely independent shops, one of which had the most gorgeous green fox printed dress. I had to have it as it was the only one left in my size. Before we caught the train we stopped for a drink in The Parcel Yard which is bang next to the station and has gorgeous décor.

Yet more bad food was eaten when I met up with Jake back in Sheffield. It was the last time I'm going to see him for a while as he leaves for Paris for six months on Monday. We went to Bungalows & Bears (a favourite place) and I had a blue cheese burger. It was the first burger I've tried with blue cheese and was the best one I've ever eaten. 

I had to take a photo of my hideously amazing pyjama bottoms from Asda. They have animals with monocles, posh suits and top hats on them. 

Yesterday me and my friend Krishna decided on a whim to head to Leeds for the day. We went in JOY and found a Ryan Gosling notebook which we both wanted, but at £7 it was a bit much. It was the first time I visited the Corn Exchange and the shops inside were brilliant. One of the shops had this bear bean bag which stopped me in my tracks. Not pictured was the delicious raw chocolate I purchased from a massive organic shop. We both went to the Illamasqua store and wanted to buy everything as well. Krishna bought the hydra-veil. The assistant said she couldn't give me a free sample as we had to spend over £55 but then gave me one anyway bless her. Can't wait to review it. 

On a trip to Meadowhall the other I bought my first tea infuser and now want to buy every single loose leaf tea in sight. 

All in all, in the past few weeks I've eaten too much and been everywhere. The best of everything really. Now I'm back home until the week before freshers then I'll head back to Lincoln. 

What have you been up to lately?

Alice
  x 


No comments:

Post a Comment