Sunday 29 September 2013

The Past Few Weeks in Instagram Form (7)

                     The Brayford in the sunshine                                               Studio Ghibli
                        
                                   Fred                                                                         Homemade burgers

                                 The best thing ever                                                     Lincoln is pretty

                                Krishna and fur                                                            Prettiest book

                          Wishing to be tall                                                              Adorable designs



Apologies for the lack of posts lately. University has caught up with me even though I haven't actually properly began my third year yet. To be honest this post should be titled "The Past Week in Instagram Form" but I wanted to stick with my theme. Being back in Lincoln has been hectic (in a good way of course). I've celebrated freshers week with my friends and had the best time. This year's freshers has even topped first years. Every day was jam packed with seeing friends, outings, nights out and interviews.

I've been spending a lot of time just sitting and chatting to my friends and going to our local hangouts. Our particular favourite is a pub situated on campus called The Shed. It overlooks the Brayford and sitting outside when it's warm/sunny is lovely.  

Lincoln has a small and independent cinema and theatre called The Ritz. Me and my friend Guppy found out they were showing a Studio Ghibli film each Sunday for five weekends and had to get a season pass. The Ritz designed such beautiful passes. 

I always miss Betty when I'm in Lincoln but spotted this fella in our back yard the other day and decided to name him Fred. Now I'm tempted to convince my housemates we need to adopt him.

Being back in Lincoln and having a bigger house means we now have a bigger kitchen as well. I'm also trying to eat a lot healthier so am cooking from scratch. I made cheesy bean burgers the other day using a recipe from an ASDA magazine and they were delicious. I'll put up some quick and easy recipes on the blog soon.

My friend had a pub crawl belated birthday event and we ended up in a lovely little pub called Widow Cullen's Well. Her housemate suggested the Chocolate Stout and the rest is history. I'm in love.

I'm at the side of Lincoln where I can easily go up Steep Hill. I pass these benches every time I go swimming and I always think the view looks so pretty. 

Freshers week has been pretty hectic, I've been out most nights but have also had some brilliant interviewing opportunities. On Wednesday I interviewed Jameela Jamil with my friend (and yes Jameela is beautiful in real life) and on Friday I interviewed one of the members of Kids in Glass Houses and met them all. It's been amazing. On Friday my friend Krishna came down to visit for the KIGH gig (one of the best gigs I've ever been to) and we went round all the little boutiques the next day. She tried on a gorgeous fur coat but didn't end up buying it. 

We also ended up in an antiques shop which had some amazing books. I spent 20 minutes reading this one which was called Roses are Red and was about love and scorn in Victorian times. The illustrations were beautiful and I nearly bought it, but then realised I had no real purpose for it. 

After ambling back down Steep Hill we wandered into one of my favourite vintage shops called Ego and tried loads of things on. These platforms have been there ages and I had to try them on. The height they gave me was amazing but the thought of breaking my ankle was not. What I'd give to be taller...

These prints caught my eye because of the cute and quirky design. They were on sale at The Ritz and I may have to go back and buy one.

So that was a snippet of the past week and a bit. Right now I'm writing up a to-do list for beginning back at university tomorrow and tidying my room (yay).

How has your week been?

Alice
  x 




No comments:

Post a Comment