Friday 13 September 2013

Weekly Wantings: Punk

Punk

Punk by alicelucyrose-1 


Punk seems to the current trend for Autumn and Winter and I can't get enough of it. Every shop I walk either has leather or tartan everywhere and every blog post I read features cut out boots. Last year the H&M tartan scarf was something I missed on and I was absolutely gutted as it was everywhere. I haven't found another tartan scarf like the H&M one yet so I've gone in search of other things.

This tartan dress from River Island caught my eye as I love anything with sleeves and a peter pan collar. The toned down tartan print makes the collar stand out which drew me to it. 

The boots are another River Island item. I tried on 2 other pairs in store that I had previously been looking at online but they looked dreadful on me. One pair just didn't look right at all while the others made my short chunky legs look even chunkier... I was gutted at first as I love cut out boots. The other day however, I spotted these beauties and decided to try them on. It was love at first site and they looked amazing. I'm still debating buying them and will most likely end up doing. Chunky boots and dresses are a favourite pairing of mine.

A couple of weekends ago me and my friend Krishna went to Leeds. We wandered around the Vivienne Westwood shop and I was blown away by everything. The jewellery is gorgeous and these safety pin earrings are definitely on my Christmas list. Vivienne Westwood was known for bringing punk into mainstream fashion and that fact makes these earrings even better.

My last weekly wantings item is yet again from River Island. Leather jackets are a wardrobe staple and this one is fairly cheap at £45 even though it isn't real leather. The zips also make it a little different to the usual leather jacket.

The best thing about the punk trend is that you can go all out or keep it subtle; and these 4 items can be used together or with other outfits to create the desired effect you want.

Alice
  x

No comments:

Post a Comment