Sunday 8 September 2013

NYFW Favourite Collections


As I stated in my previous post, I'm not an expert on fashion weeks, the collections, or the designers. However, NYFW has interested me and I've been looking at many collections for Spring 2014. Here are some of my favourites.





Rebecca Minkoff's collection for 2014 caught my eye as most of her outfits are simple yet stand out. I love the first dress as this is the one that stands out the most from the entire collection. The colours are beautiful and it flows behind the model wonderfully on the catwalk. I also like how it's paired with simple white heels so its kept as the main focus. 

The next three outfits after this dress are more along my description of simple, yet elegant and quite classy. In the second outfit, the jacket adds structure to the top & skirt. The look is eclectic but has a bohemian feel with the skirt and bag pattern. I'm in love with the dress from the third outfit as the colour is amazing & perfect for Spring. The necklace and bag give the dress an edge and stop it from being plain. I myself am not too keen on the calve high gladiator sandals, but they match the outfit & once again stop it from being simple. The last outfit is a beautiful dress with large, baggy sleeves which I love. The floral pattern on the dress and sandals mean it doesn't need any accessories to stand out, and the pattern is also perfect for Spring.





Jason Wu's collection was filled with gorgeous, flowing dresses. All of the dresses in his collection seem to give off that effortlessly beautiful vibe. Some dresses added texture (such as the one in the third photo) whilst others added a light touch of sparkle (such as those in the second and fourth photos). The dress in the third photo stood out to me the most as Wu added a soft looking ruffled texture on this fishtail dress, but added a panel of silk on the waist & hip; adding to it's elegance. The colours of the dresses are light, varying from metallic colours to pastels; going through a range of various blue shades to finally ending with his darker outfits. 







I love the block colours featured in Creatures of the Wind's Spring 2014 collection. The eye catching mustard jacket paired with a pale skirt and colour scarf looks wonderful. A lot of the collection featured boxy, elbow length jackets in bold colours of prints, which made the jackets dress down an outfit and add that "just chucked it on in a rush" kind of vibe. The t-shirt paired with the pale midi skirt is one of my favourites because it goes together in an effortless, casual way. I also love that pastels, florals and metallics were combined together to create these stunning pieces. One of my particular favourites in this collection is the mustard dress as it has the retro colours but a modern cut. I love most of Creatures of the Wind's collection but then again I could say that for all Rebecca Minkoff and Jason Wu as well.


What have been your favourite fashion week collections?

Alice
  x


*All photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment