Sunday 8 September 2013

NYFW Beauty Favourites

I don't usually keep up with the catwalk when fashion weeks come around; no matter where they're based. Usually I'll read a few features in a magazine or come across some articles online, but that's it. I'm saying this purely because I'm not an expert on fashion weeks and the collections. I am however, really interested in the make-up used for collections and could read an entire magazine composed of photos/descriptions about them.

This year a few looks (and collections - upcoming post on this is pending) have caught my eye. So here are a few of my favourite make-up looks from New York Fashion Week so far.




The bright orange lips at Rag & Bone contrast brilliantly with toned down yet dewy skin. Matte lips are possibly my favourite kind of make-up. Orange lips can suit pretty much anyone and are a perfect statement for the face.




The rose gold eyelids on the models for Jason Wu were another bold statement. Glitter was applied on top of the shadow to make the eyes the focus point of the face. The rest of the face was kept simple with a light pink blush applied on the cheeks and contours them. This look adds an element of warmth to the face and looks amazing.


Have you been keeping up to date with the collections and beauty at New York Fashion Week? What's been your highlight/s so far?

Alice
  x


*All photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment